• GLORY GRILLE: Free lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the first and third Saturdays of each month, First Presbyterian Church, 125 N. Jefferson St.
• KINGS KIDS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM: 4 pm to 5:30 pm Thursdays, Grace United Methodist Ministry, Croton. Children K-6 and a program for grades 7 to 12. Fun, fellowship, crafts, Bible stories, and food. Special events include game nights, movie nights, and field trips. For more information, call Sally at (724) 730-6688.
• COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY: 1 pm to 3 pm Thursdays, The Confluence, 214 E. Washington St. Breakfast available for purchase. One chapter per week in the Gospel of John. Bring the Bible or a phone with a Bible app. Sponsored by First Presbyterian Church.
• FEARCAPES HAUNTED ATTRACTION: 7 pm to 11 pm Fridays and Saturdays in October, 1503 Brentwood Ave., Ellwood City. $ 15. fearscapeshaunt.com or facebook.com/FearscapesHaunt.
• FALL FOLIAGE CRUISE: 4 pm to 6 pm October 15, Owlet gift shop, McDanel boat launch area, north shore of Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park. $ 15 for adults, $ 13 for seniors, $ 8 for children. Places are limited and pre-registration is required. To register, call the gift shop at (724) 368-9185.
• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS RALLY: Noon to 12:30 pm October 15, New Castle Police Department, Corner of East North and East Streets. Sponsored by Arise.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 to 10 p.m. on October 15, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on October 16, Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32, Knockin ‘Noggin’ and Scallywag Distilling. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• PIG & PIE AUTUMN FESTIVAL AND DINNER: 5:00 PM, October 16, First United Brethren Church, 1900 Eastbrook Road. Dinner: BBQ pulled pork, baked potato, vegetables, coleslaw, applesauce, dessert. Adults, $ 10; children 5-12, $ 5; under 5, free. Also a fresh sausage sale, gift / craft auction and pie auction. The profits go to the missions. To reserve, dial (724) 654-9653. Leave a message if no response.
• FALL BAZAR: 9 am to 2 pm October 16, Center Presbyterian Church, 1143 Center Church Road. Featuring bakery, crafts, gifts, books, puzzles, confectionery, produce and apple butter. A soup, sandwich and pie lunch will be available. The profits go to local missions.
• HOLY SPIRIT PARISH ROSARY WALK: 1:30 pm October 17, from St. Vitus Church to St. Mary’s Church.
• HIRING EVENT: 9 am to 2 pm on October 19, representatives from the EzeFlow / FlowLine division will be at PA CareerLink® Lawrence County, 101 S. Mercer St., Suite 101, to conduct on-site interviews for all open positions. High-demand occupations include grinders, welders, press operators, saw operators, and machine operators. No appointment necessary. Free parking; on the bus line. Bring a resume and attire for an interview.
• OWL PROWL: 6 to 8:30 p.m. October 21, Pleasant Valley Non-Motorized Launch Pad, South Shore of Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park. A short discussion will precede a search for owls. Bring a flashlight, dress for the weather. Pre-registration required. Call (724) 368-8811.
• HAM DINNER: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm or until sold out on October 21, Leesburg ECO Presbyterian Church, intersection of routes 19 and 208. Sponsored by the Volant Lions Club. The take out only meal includes ham, au gratin potatoes, coleslaw, a bun and a white iced cake. $ 10 per meal.
• SOUP SALE: 10 am to noon, October 22-23, Shenango Presbyterian Church, 3144 Wilmington Road. Chicken noodles, chili, stuffed pepper, beef with vegetables. $ 6 pint. Call the church office until Oct. 19 at (724) 654-2322 to place an order. Social distancing and mandatory masks on withdrawal.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 pm to 10 pm on October 22, 11 am to 10 pm on October 23, Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32, Knockin ‘Noggin’ and Scallywag Distilling. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• CHEST OR TREAT: 6 pm to 8 pm, October 22, Life Changing Ministries, 2929 Mercer Road.
• CLAYS FOR NATHAN: 9 am October 23, Lawrence County Sportsman’s Association, 3380 North Mill St., Wampum. Sports clay fundraiser for Nathan Pelletier, 7, who fights langerhan cell hystiocytosis, a rare form of cancer. The $ 75 entry fee includes 100 clay court sport targets, a t-shirt and a Mexican-style lunch by Los Amigos. Shells not included. There will also be a station cannon event, prizes, raffles and a 50/50. The event will take place rain or shine. To register, visit shootlcsa.com. For more information, send an email to [email protected]
• SHOE OFFER: “From our hearts to your soles”, 9 am to noon on October 23, St. Mary’s site, parish center.
• REUSE FEST: 10 am to 2 pm October 23, Westgate Plaza, West State Street. Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Resources Council. Lightly used material drop-off event for reuse by many local non-profit organizations. Accepted materials include: bedding / bathing items, clothing, furniture, kitchen items, medical supplies, pet supplies, usable building materials and more. No televisions or computers accepted. All materials must be in car or truck trunks and will be unloaded by staff. www.prc.org/reuse or (412) 488-7490, ext. 7.
• MUSIC CLUB SHOW: 7:30 pm October 26, Northminster Presbyterian Church, 2434 Wilmington Road. Local instrumentalists and singers perform. Free and open to the public.
• RUMAGE SALE AND FLEA MARKET: 9 am to 2 pm October 30, Northminster Presbyterian Church, 2434 Wilmington Road. Sponsored by the Volunteer Worker Class. New this year, there will be two trucks full of craft supplies for sale as well as holiday and silk items, clothing, books and jewelry. All proceeds will go to mission projects. Masks are mandatory and COVID-19 protocols will be in place.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 pm to 10 pm on October 29, 11 am to 10 pm on October 30 Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32 Craft Brewery, Knockin ‘Noggin’ and Scallywag Distilling. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• CRAFT FAIR: 9 am to 3 pm November 6, Life Changing Ministries, 2929 Mercer Road. Vendors wishing to have a table should reserve by calling Lib Parry at (724) 652-0215.